Sunday, December 13, 2009

Waiting Game...

So as I said in my last post... we're waiting to book our vacation until we get everything set "officially" this coming Saturday. Zach wants to make sure that we get the wedding set before we make the reservations and such, which makes sense I guess.

With that in mind though... we're in a bit of a holding pattern. We can't really officially invite anyone until we know things for sure, so it's like it's real, but well, it isn't exactly. So knowing that we have 2 months until this thing goes off, and knowing there is much to do, what have I been doing? Plotting.

1) Invitations. Although Zach would be happy with an evite, I'm looking to put my Gocco to good use and making some homemade invites for our handful of guests. I'm already working on the wording for them, something lighthearted but that has the details our guests will need. I'll post something when I get it more finalized.

2) Honeymoon planning! I love vacation planning, and coming up with a plan for the length of time we'll be gone requires some serious research. I'm already trying to figure out just what we want to do in each port, and I'm looking at some private tour options which are surprisingly inexpensive if you work with a full group. Luckily cruisecritic.com is a great place to meet up with other cruisers to do tours together and save some cash!

3) Veil planning. I want a bird cage veil. Those things are EXPENSIVE! So I'm going to do it myself. How hard can it be? Famous last words right? I ordered some netting from an on-line store so we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment