Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm Seriously Losing Motivation...

So remember when I bought my dress? Yeah... that was pretty much the last time I really actively planned anything for this wedding and I couldn't really care less.

Zach and I have been focusing on other things... most specifically exactly how we are going to get him through a year long piano tuning school that starts next year (and for which we can probably NOT take out student loans.) I'm so excited that he has decided on something to do and I think we both want him to get started as soon as possible. We'll probably already be moving the date up a week or two at least due to his potential school schedule next fall.

I am SUPER excited about this big change for Zach. I think it is a perfect fit for him and I think it will be a good fit for our future. I've already even been researching the stuff and books he will need for school, despite the fact that we haven't actually figured out how to pay for it yet. :)

I can safely say that I am really more excited about this opportunity for HIM than I am about the wedding. You see, I'm a selfish girl that way and I'm very excited about getting married and going on our honeymoon...

BUT...

There are a number of things I'm dreading:

1) FAMILY - I'm getting a little nauseous at the thought of ACTUALLY having all of our family and and close friends in one place at the same time. Really, it's the family that is the problem. You see, my mom and dad are, at the very least, ackward in each other's presense, but they'd probably be fine (they were both at my brother's for Thanksgiving, and all was well.) Zach's mom and dad on the other hand, well, we've been dating for 4+ years, and I've never even seen them in the same room. They got officially divorced not too long before Zach and I started dating. Thinking about them in the same room definitely makes me feel a little bit freaked... especially if Zach's dad's girlfriend would be there too (which I imagine she would, unless of course we just don't invite her, which I guess is an option...). Frankly, girlfriend issue aside, it could be ugly and I don't want ugly on OUR day.

2) LOGISTICS - One of the things I like least in life is figuring out how to make everything happen. Figuring out the logistics of getting about 28 or so people with varying degrees of Chicago knowledge to the same places in downtown (read, EXPENSIVE PARKING) Chicago on a Saturday relatively early in the morning is a little daunting.

3) GUEST LIST - I've already created a mock guest list for our small wedding... and I already see some potential problems of hurt feelings here or there. I know this sounds silly, but I'd rather offend everyone by not inviting them, then only offend some. Silly hey?

4) HONEYMOON LUST - I really want a wonderful honeymoon. So bad I can taste it. In fact, as I'm writing this I am trying to figure out once again how I can pull off a Mediterranean cruise on a REALLY limited budget (with a quick layover in France to see Zach's sis too). I dream WAY more about the honeymoon than anything else, which probably means that's where I should put the cash right?

No comments:

Post a Comment