Monday, December 7, 2009

A Crazy Idea... Turned to Reality!

After that last post I got to thinking about seriously considering changing up our plan for the wedding.

So I did some more research (Google and I are basically best friends these days..) and determined that I could get a 12-day Mediterranean cruise, that includes an overnight stop in Egypt, for $1,200 per person. Pretty sweet. Of course, it also left in March, which is pretty darn soon. Oh yeah, and being on vacation in Europe for 12+ days has a few extra expenses beyond that $1,200 per person cruise cost (most of which I think I've attempted to capture in one serious spreadsheet!)

I started mulling it over and thought... we could actually maybe do this. Wouldn't that be SWEET? Who doesn't want to start married life off with a trip to visit PYRAMIDS!? Not to mention we could stop over in Paris and visit Zach's sis on the way back, which is something we were really hoping to do.

So I ran it past my man. And he thought it was a decent idea. So I started doing more research... and of course March is a busy time for the cultural center, so no wedding there in March. What does that mean? We can move the cruise back to FEBRUARY and go for even cheaper. Please disregard the fact that it will actually be COLD in Paris in February. Whatever, we'll be in Paris!

What does it mean? Well.. it means we'll be having a tiny ceremony at the Chicago Cultural Center (immediate family only really), going out to lunch, and then hitting the airport for our flight out to Barcelona. Talk about a great first "night", we'll be on a plane, but whatever. We've got plenty more nights of married bliss to enjoy after that...

It will be a tiny wedding... but that is really just fine by me. We'll be heading on a once in a lifetime vacation to start our married life, and I think that is what is most important to us. Little fanfare, big on the amazing, totally selfish, vacation time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment