Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Few Worries...

I have two major (at least wedding related) worries at the moment.

1) There is no way we are going to get this thing done in a year.

And by that I mean, there is no way that we'll be able to afford this thing (and a honeymoon) in a year. Not given my recent pay reduction and Zach's current self-employment/unemployment.

I've just briefly mentioned wanting to do this next Labor Day and everyone keeps saying... "Wow, that will be here before you know it!" Yeah. Thanks for reminding me. Want to make a donation?

I recently checked out the Knot boards for my "date twins" (assuming a Labor Day 2009 weekend wedding). Can you say BAD IDEA? Some of these girls have venues, photographers, and caterers all signed up already. I have... well... I've got this idea...

And if that weren't enough I have another worry....

2) And that is the slippery slope down the bunny hill.

If we have a party, I want it to be a wedding-ish party (still emphasis on the party, but a little wedding thrown in). I want it to have a nice aesthetic... I want people to look back on it fondly. I think I want some pictures. I want nice papery goods. I want good food (and plenty of it). I want a dress I feel amazing in. I want Zach in a nice suit vest thing. We might need to rent a tent in the case of rain (although I don't know where we'd actually put it). All of that costs money. And money, is what we don't have a whole lot of right now.

I think that the crux of both of my fears is really that I just don't want to have regrets. I want whatever we do to be exactly what we want to do and to be done the way we want it. I don't want to half ass things because we just didn't have the cash. I mean, I recognize that letterpress invitations might not be in the cards (although I'm not going to lie, I haven't completely given up the idea in my head) but there are other things that might not be so clear cut.

What am I praying for right now? I'm hoping the fine federal government comes through a decides that I deserve the $8,000 first time home buyer credit for Zach and I "repurchasing", this time together as opposed to Zach by himself last time, the house we live in. I mean, this will be the ONLY time I'm really a "first time" home buyer, so if I don't get it now, then I'm just screwed! I recognize that it is probably a long shot, but having that $8,000 in the bank would make the whole thing seem a WHOLE LOT more realistic.

Did I ever mention how much I LOVE the federal government? The IRS especially. In fact, if I could bake the cookies and know they would actually eat them instead of tossing them out of the fear that someone is trying to kill them, I would. :) Please IRS... pretty please?

No comments:

Post a Comment