Monday, October 5, 2009

Please Stop with the 20-Million Questions!

One of the biggest things I have struggled with since Zach and I got engaged is the constant questioning. From the moment we announced we were engaged... people are a barrage of questions. Did you set a date? Have you looked at dresses? Where are you going to have it?


I know that all of these questions are meant to be nice. I know that these are the questions people feel comfortable asking a woman with an engagement ring on her finger. In fact, they might even feel obligated to ask them, since I'm supposed to be a flutter of planning and plotting by now (we are a whole TWO months post-proposal now). I think if The Knot had its way I would already have a date, a location and probably a dress practically picked out by now.


I don't have any of that done. We're still working on a concept, but I think we're finally getting comfortable with one at this point. Of course, as I start to get comfortable with our concept, the more self-conscious I feel about sharing it with the people who keep asking what we're doing. So for now, I just tell them, "We're still working on it" or "We'll just be doing something small". The second one does seem to get a lot of, "If I were to do it all over again, I would do something small too." Which is somewhat reassuring, but it always makes me wonder why they did it any other way in the first place.

For now, I will leave you with a happy wedding thought, and a happy wedding idea. The photo to the left is from Once Wed and really is a perfect picture of how I picture Zach and I on our wedding day. Well, maybe without the bow tie. Otherwise it looks perfect. Anyone know where that dress comes from?!

No comments:

Post a Comment